Thursday, August 13, 2009

Last race of the series

Ran the final scoring race for the Westford Academy Summer Series Thursday nigh. Ended up 5th over all and ran 1 second slower then last week. Richard Blake won the race. The weather was perfect and I should have been able to run faster. I have no excuses.

I was the first person to finish in the 50 - 59 year old age category and locked up the series championship. I won my age category in all 9 races. For fun I took all the races and scored my races as if I was in the 40 - 49 age category and I would have won that title. In fact I would have won every age category. The only reason for this is in a series it's about consistency and I was able to run every race. The closes challenge I had was in the 40 - 49 age category. After 8 races I was tied with Allen Hall in points but I had 12 second advantage over him. Unfortunately Allen was not able to make tonight's race, which gave me the W. Sometimes half the battle is just showing up.

Speaking about showing up, tonight the legendary Bob Bradford showed up for the race with 2 of his kids. Years ago Bob held the course record on this course. Bob is a great guy and it was good to catch up with him and talk about the old days. He ran well and his kids ran very well. I'll be seeing Bob a couple of times over the XC season because our daughters are the same age and will be battling head to head over the course of the season. It will be fun to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment