Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dead Legs

It's been 10 days since the Boston Marathon and I've managed to get out the door 6 times. That doesn't look to bad when I type it but I must say that it has been a struggle. My legs are just plan tired.

Each time I go out I'm doing 9+ miles but I just don't have any bounce in my step. When I run with friends they tend to drop me within 2 miles and I'm never able to recover. In fact I get to such a low point in my running speed that I may be running 10+ minute miles. And that's on the roads.

I'm guessing that I need to give my body a rest and do a ton of stretching exercises. So I'm off to Miami this Saturday for a week long seminar at the Doral Resort & Spa. I've scoped out the area and I think the high point in the area may be 10 feet above sea level. So doing hill work is out of the question. So I will rest the best I can and some how get ready for my next race.

Next up, Saturday, May 9, Big Lake Half Marathon in Alton Bay, NH. I've done this race every year they've had it. This race used to be put on by endorfun but Keith Jordan has decided to focus more on directing Tri's. LOCO is now in charge of this race. I believe the format and everything else is the same.

Hopefully my legs will be back to their bouncy form once again so I can glide across the scenic roads (NH code words for hills).

No comments:

Post a Comment